TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT
All copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the https://11thhouracingteam.org/ website is owned by 1 Degree or licensed to 1 Degree LLC (“we” or “us”) by 11th Hour Racing, Inc, our sponsor, unless otherwise indicated. Use of such copyright, trademarks and other rights are subject to the Use of Content provisions set forth below.
USE OF OUR CONTENT
You may view, download, and print pages (or other content) from this website for your personal use; however, no website materials or content may be used for commercial purposes; edited or otherwise modified; republished in any manner; sold, rented, or sub-licensed; or otherwise distributed without written exception.
Exceptions for content may be granted with our prior written consent, at our sole discretion. All requests should be directed to email@example.com. Please state the subject as “Use of Website Materials.”
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Some of the pages on this site include links to external websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that may be of interest or assistance to you. We are not responsible for the content of these Internet sites. We exclude all liability of any kind in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using the website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is provided “as is.” While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Nothing on this website constitutes or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, in no event will 1 Degree or any associated entities or individuals be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of the viewing, use or inability to use the site or its content, whether arising in tort, contract or any other legal theory.
VENUE AND CHOICE OF LAW
All claims, disputes or disagreements which may arise out of the interpretation, performance or in any way relate to your use of this site, shall be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in San Jose (federal) or Santa Clara County (state), California and be governed by California law, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We have the right to refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and we shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the site.
Date updated: 31 March 2021. © 1 Degree LLC, all rights reserved.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Browsing Information: By visiting this site, you grant us permission to collect information automatically from your browsing that is not personally identifying, using technologies like cookies. This information may include location, IP address, browser details, and similar non-identifying details that is often used to understand how visitors are using this website. For example, our servers may use “cookies” (a small data file) to track a user’s activity within our site. Cookies do not gather personal information such as email addresses.
Information collected from other sources: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partner, and other outside sources and third parties. Examples of the sources of information we receive include: The Ocean Race, 1 Degree LLC, official sponsors, partners, and suppliers affiliated the 11th Hour Racing Team and 1 Degree LLC, We will inform you within a reasonable period after obtaining the personal data, but at least within one month.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use your data to:
- to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about news around the organization, new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Web pages and/or apps where you have consented for us to do so;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to administer and provide services you request;
- to improve the quality of our service and security of our Web pages and/or apps;
- in connection with targeting/advertising activities;
- to track activity on the Site and our Web pages and/or apps;
- in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
- in such ways as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Personally-Identifying Information: We will not sell users’ personally-identifying information to any third party and will not otherwise share personally identifying information with any third party, except if required by the reasons stated under “Disclosures to third parties”
Browsing Information: We may share browsing information with third parties that we have engaged to help facilitate our use of this information as described above. We only share this information with third parties that we believe share our commitment to privacy and security.
Disclosures to third parties
- carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
- any partner or sponsor of 1 Degree, such as 11th Hour Racing or other sponsors, and official suppliers, in a manner to which you have expressly consented (this includes consent by way of opting-in to certain marketing and contact from any of them as part of the registration process) and you agree that such parties can contact you in accordance with such consent;
- anyone who may take over the running of our Web pages and/or apps, subcontractors who operate a part of our Web pages and/or apps on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Data and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
- any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
- in connection with the sale or transfer of an entity of 1 Degree or its assets;
- as required by law: for example, in connection with a government inquiry, dispute, or other legal process or request;
- when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights: for example, in order to investigate potential violations of our terms and conditions, or to detect, prevent or disclose fraud or other security issues;
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests;
- and/or to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
We only share information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising Direct Marketing and Lead Generation: Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and plugins that contribute to the operations of our site.
- Retargeting platforms: Facebook custom audience
- Social media sharing and advertising
- Facebook advertising
- Web and mobile analytics: Google Analytics and Facebook pixel
- Website hosting: WordPress.com and Kinsta
SHARING INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers website servers are located in Moncks Corner, South Carolina, USA and data is hosted via Constant Contact. If you are accessing our Services from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see ” WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE? ” above), in United States and other countries.
European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses:
We have implemented measures to protect your personal information, including the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies and between us and third-party providers. These clauses require all recipients to protect all personal information that they process originating from the EEA in accordance with European data protection laws and regulations. Constant Contact’s data processing agreement that include Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request/are available here.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
INFORMATION FROM MINORS
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Like many other websites, this site is not configured to respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other similar mechanisms. At present, this site and, to our knowledge, third parties, do not track consumers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact email@example.com. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
Contact us at email@example.com or unsubscribe in an email you have received from 1 Degree or 11th Hour Racing.
Keeping your information safe is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We strive to protect your personal information, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. We use reasonable precautions to keep your personally identifying information and browsing information secure and to only release browsing information to third parties we believe share our commitment to privacy.
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when 1 Degree believes you are likely to be at risk of serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that 1 Degree becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information 1 Degree will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY